Friday, July 29, 2016

Samsung S5 neo Android Auto Music crashes

Hi,
I had been using Android Auto with a Huawei P8 lite. It never crashed, but only the response times where a bit sluggish.
I got a brand new Samsung 5 Neo, and after setting up the phone, there was immediately an update to Marshmallow.
When I started using Android Auto, I was pleased to see that the overall experience was faster and better than my Huawei.
But for some reason, during (longer) drives, my Spotify (and Google Music), would crash in the middle of a song. (first a stutter, it could happen after two songs, five songs, there is no logic in it). After it crashes, Google Maps becomes unresponsive. The only thing that helps is disconnecting the cable.

After reading the web, I learned that it could have been because of the marshmallow update.
So after trying all the usual fixes (rebooting phone before using Android Auto, keep data always alive, etc), I decided to downgrade to Android 5.0.
At first sight, I thought everything was solved, but after a few days, the exact same problem started to appear :)

I will now try to clear the app cache, and reboot the phone each time, but I'm a bit dissapointed that it doens't work as it's supposed to work.
Any tips, remarks are welcome.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2aPLqGp
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment