Monday, February 29, 2016

Dead SM-T705

My Tab S 8.4 T705 seems completely dead. I left it switched on and charging overnight, and the next morning it was off and completely unresponsive. I've tried:
  • Plugging the wall charger in. No battery icon appears.
  • Using different chargers and cables.
  • Leaving it plugged in for about 10 hrs
  • Plugging into a PC. Nothing detected.
  • Holding power button for more than a minute.
  • Trying every button combo I can think of: Pwr-VolUp-Home, Pwr-VolDown-Home, Pwr-VolUp-VolDown, Pwr-VolUp, Pwr-VolDown. Tried holding them down for more than a minute.
  • Connecting a USB device via OTG cable. USB device doesn't receive any power.

Any other suggestions before I take it off to a repair shop?

The worrying thing is, this happened the night after I flashed the unofficial Marshmallow ROM. I successfully flashed it, had it working great, and had powered it off and on multiple times. It could just be a coincidence that it died hours afterwards, and I've been running the exact same ROM (same build even) on another T705 without problems for a month or more. But I am a bit suspicious that the ROM triggered some sort of hardware fault.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1OJFhGj
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment