Monday, July 4, 2016

Samsung Gear app not working with i9305

I have Samsung Galaxy S3 lte (i9305) with VRToxin v4.0 (Android 6.0.1) and I bought the Gear Fit 2. The problem is when I try to start the Samsung Gear app (from Play-store) it just says my phone is illegally modified and it's uncompatible with Samsung Gear. I have tried to change my phone to the Android 5.1.1 (SlimLP) and Samsungs orginal 4.4.4 and 4.3 Nordic countries NEE (from Sammobile which all didn't even work, they start but then androidui crashes and no way to even get the phone working to the point where I can try to update the OS from Kies). I have tried to manually install (using the guides for Gear 2 and with Gear Fit 2 plugin) the app, but then I even get the error to update the Samsung Gear or my phone is modified and uncompatible with Samsung Gear.

Closest to get the Fit 2 work with my phone has been with Open fit (it recognizes the Gear Fit 2, but it cannot connect to it). So I belive everything else is working correctly but I don't have a working phone app to use with the Gear Fit 2. I cannot be the only one with this problem, but I cannot find anyone talking about it. So, is there any way to get the Samsung Gear to work with my phone as it is now, or is there any rom with which the app would work (I will probably try to install Android 4.1.2 from sammobile later, but I don't keep my hopes up with that) or do I need to start looking for a new phone?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/29dWhbM
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment