Saturday, February 27, 2016

[req] Android in Android emulator

Hi all,

I have a few questions to ask the community and I hope I'm doing it in the right part of the forum.

I was wondering if it would be all together possible to emulate Android on Android? Like Virtualbox or VMware for x86/x64 OS'es, the use for it would be great. Not only could you then sandbox app-installs, but one could run many different versions of Android, switch between older and newer versions without any risk to the actual device and ROM's could be generalized for use on it.

I feel like this should be possible, since there are other kinds of emulators on Android, BOCHS even got an x86 emulator working on Android a while back, and Android itself can easily be virtualized, as proven by the many Android emulators that are out there.

So my final questions are something like:
1- Is this even possible?
2- If the answer to 1 is yes, is there anything out there that can do this yet?
3- And if the answer to 2 is no, why isn't there? It seems so useful to me... ;p

Anyway, if in any way you feel this is a stupid question, feel free to point this out to me. ;p

Grtz,

~ Nephatiu


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1QOMWLb
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment