Saturday, February 27, 2016

Can't get LG bridge or FASTBOOT to work on my device for stock recovery and rom insta

Been pulling my hair out for the last week trying to get my lg g4 h811 situated.

First purchased, It ran stock 5.1. I unlocked bootloader and rooted with the one click method and flashed my stock recovery with twrp recovery. After days of marsh 6.0 nagging and t mobile bloatware crap running on my device, I decided to follow the CM13 tutorial. I flashed the clockwork recovery on the device, then with that recovery I was able to install CM13. The experience of trying to get this to work better than the stock 5.1 I had is troubling, now I wish I hadn't did anything with my device. Now I wish to flash my device back to stock software but the main problems I am having is that I cant get the lg bridge software to see my device, and sdk tools fastboot commands don't work at all, in fact the fast boot portion of my recovery seems to have been lost altogether. All I can do is boot into recovery, and put the phone in download mode . I can not even get gapps to install through the recovery ( says to install twrp and use that instead), without that, this becomes rather useless half A$$sed working device, the rooting option in developer tools to allow root access for apps and adb is rather useless, coz it don't work.

1. While windows can CLEARLY see my device ( as in, I can browse the contents in file explorer, transfer files etc...) LG bridge can NOT find this device. ( see attachments)- Why do I need bridge? Because at this point I don't have time to continue fiddling around with this device, and wish to default back to a stock rom with FULL FUNCTIONLITY of my phone.
2. FASTBOOT DOES NOT SEEM TO EXIST ANYMORE ON MY BOOTLOADER- therefore, any adb fastboot commands hasn't been and is currently not working so I can not flash any type of default recovery to my device. I put in a fast boot command and all it does is reboot the phone and take me back to the swipe screen.
3. without fast boot or a way to flash stock bootloader I seem to be stuck with CM13. since I have an all data plan, I rely on hangouts to make and receive calls and texts, so since I don't have gapps and cant just download the hangouts apk ( due to its reliance on google services, i'm screwed since the phone app or text app wont work), the apps I am able to install, crash at random times, etc..

4. I have tried this on 3 different computers, one with windows 7, another with 8.1, and another with windows 10. The LG drivers come from from their site, with the bridge software so that's how i'm getting my drivers. I've also tried uninstalling the bundle, and just installing the slimmed down mobile USB drivers. It doesn't matter, either way " mobile device not connected" and no fastboot available to me so adb/fastboot/sdk tools doesn't work.

I've also made sure to change the usb mode from charging to MPT. No use.
Am I screwed?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: Capture 1.PNG Views: N/A Size: 27.9 KB ID: 3662713   Click image for larger version Name: Capture 2.PNG Views: N/A Size: 1.9 KB ID: 3662714   Click image for larger version Name: Capture 3.PNG Views: N/A Size: 28.7 KB ID: 3662715  


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1OEcrXP
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment