Monday, May 23, 2016

Asking for a bit of help, tethering and rooting related

I have an unlocked AT&T 1337 Samsung S4 and am using it on the T-Mobile Network. I am fine with it as it is an old phone and such but my biggest issue is i Need to somehow Enable WiFi Tethering. My previous Phone was a S3 from T-mobile and that was no trick to get it rooted and all i wanted within a week of owning it. I haven't had time lately to do what i want with my current phone. (no pitty party but my father just died and i cant be bothered with much) and i need to get tethering working if at all possible. I also am moving Very soon (a couple days more than 2 weeks to another state any I'll be flying although i will need to get tethering before that I need it to get data access on my tablet.)

So No pity party from me, I just ask if anyone knows at least some links to set me on my way without having to use google and try to do it right as i need this phone and cannot make any errors.

Lastly my phone is unlocked (that doesn't matter) because when i try to tether it says "wrong sim network" or something i can post exact if it matters in a reply. I believe it must be rooted unless their is an app i don't know about. I have always gotten great responses here but I have never asked the feed me information question. Sadly this pc is comming down very soon and i only have much time for craigs list (selling 80% of what i own)

I TYIA for links to current informational posts about what i need to do. ill be looking myself too (and have been just hoping what i found is the right information. I was going to follow a guide like this if not this one

http://ift.tt/1VghiH5

Please tell me if the above link will help me succeed or brink my only phone right now.

I've rooted and installed new roms, even used Odin to clean all the stuff off my S3 but that was a different ballgame, it was a t mobile phone on t mobile and it was a simple flash.
Again TIA


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/25d63C6
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment