Sunday, May 29, 2016

ZeroLemon LG G3 8500mAh Extended Battery + Rugged ZeroShock Review

Hello everyone!
First and foremost, I would like to once again thank Zerolemon for sending me yet another product to review. As the title states, it's a 8500mAh extended battery by ZeroLemon for the LG G3 that also comes with its own ZeroShock rugged case.
I only do honest reviews to help companies improve both their current and future products, but to also give an idea to others of what to expect, but also what I think about the product and how well it works.
It has been around one week now since I received the Zerolemon for LG G3 and so far i'm very impressed! It's meeting up to its expectations, both with normal and heavy uses. I'm getting more than double the battery life (compared to the original LG G3 battery) on heavy use and the phone lasts me for about two whole days in standby mode with a full charge (that means charging the phone to 100% and then leave it without touching it until the battery is fully discharged). So as of now, I can't really complain about the performance as it is doing as expected. I previously did a review on the Zerolemon for the Nexus 5 and the material that they used for the case was actually worse than the one they used for the LG G3 case. The LG G3 case has more of a soft and bendable plastic compared to the Nexus 5 version which had more of a stiff/harder plastic. The ports are much more convenient to use on the LG G3 due to the softer plastic material, on the Nexus 5 on the other hand, the plastic seems to be stiffer so the port protection plugs tend to bend back after a few uses and hardly stay back in place (I found that to be very annoying!). All the buttons work like a charm (like always, so far on all the Zerolemon products that I've had).

Here are the PROS and CONS about the ZeroLemon for LG G3.

PROS:
* Good grip! Almost impossible to have the phone slip out of your hand(s).
* Does a good job taking a beating! You can basically drop it without worrying that it will break. Just like they state "Double Corner Technology to reduce shock from natural drop angles". However, it might still shatter the screen on impact since it's glass.
* The phone lasts more than twice as long! Battery feels like a thing of the past and the least of my concern both after normal and heavy use. :)
* The port protection plugs are doing an amazing job due to the quality and is no longer a pain to deal with! If it takes softer plastic for better performance, then please stick with that as I'm very pleased. :D



CONS:
* Too thick? It doesn't feel that comfortable to walk around with and after a while it will leave a mark on my jeans. The phone is clearly sticking out on my jeans (I also have the Zerolemon for the LG G4 that I purchased which has the same problem when it comes to thickness). I do understand that the thickness is mostly because of the battery size and the way that the phone was made, but I think that we can all agree on thinner batteries that does about the same job by taking less volume and possibly more area (kind of like the Zerolemon batteries for the Samsung S6).
* Heavy. This is not Zerolemon's fault, but it's still a CON in general. I personally wouldn't like my phone to become heavier, bigger and/or thicker just so that I can get more out of the phone. I personally hate limits and like to get as much as possible from a phone with as little weight and thickness (I would say size, but that doesn't completely apply since screen size is important).
I personally can't wait until Zerolemon releases an extended battery for the LG G5! 
If there are any questions that you have or if there is something that you feel like I missed mentioning, then please feel free to leave a comment below.
Please support Zerolemon so that they can keep making great products for our phones as most of their products are worth it!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: 20160520_205640.jpg Views: N/A Size: 261.7 KB ID: 3766217   Click image for larger version Name: 20160520_205654.jpg Views: N/A Size: 292.8 KB ID: 3766218   Click image for larger version Name: 20160520_205704.jpg Views: N/A Size: 299.5 KB ID: 3766219   Click image for larger version Name: 20160520_205727.jpg Views: N/A Size: 280.6 KB ID: 3766220  


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/25uolSN
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment