Monday, May 23, 2016

Marshmallow 6.0.1 & Moving Apps to other storage -Possible? How?

I have a rooted XT912V Verizon Motorola Razr-Maxx (original).

This phone has safestrap 2.75. Recently updated to CM13. It has pico gapps and a core set of the typical Google apps we all LIKE vs the ones we dont ;)

Anyways....

Developers mode is enabled. I am able to go into memory and storage (or APPS), and can move a few of the apps, but not many. The phone only has 2GB main storage, and every app downloaded from the store INSISTS on installing on this 2GB space. Its very irritating. The phone also has 8GB of internal storage space, non removable.

With that said, I have a few questions.
1.) Why can't I format the internal fixed 8GB as proprietary internal storage vs portable? There seems to be NO WAY to do this. (rather preposterous).
2.) Why do only some apps have the option to be moved and others dont? Is it a "System App" setting which disallows this? Can it be overwritten?
3.) Given the issues, why cant I change the memory space the phone uses for RAM to at least the built in 8GB? Can I partition the XD card (removable) and set it as part internal part portable?

Shame on Google for getting so sloppy with their software. Things like disk management and storage space, log file backups, and clean up should come and the first feature after providing an OS. Granted I am using CM, but I digress - its no better on stock on any of my other devices.

Thanks for any help you can provide. I googled, and searched on threads here. I'm really not looking to be pointed to a thread for an app that requires busybox and other hoops to be jumped through. I'm looking for information on why it is like this, is it being fixed, or is "fixing" it to make it MORE like this. Can I do this manually via adb? I'm not a linux novice but I have a lot to learn about Android and loading more apps on the phone from what I've read so far is unclear if it will work and continue to work. Some people have said in threads they move it manually after each app they load. I don't mind that, but I want to understand what makes an app declare itself as NON movable.

Thank you


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/22mLkKb
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment