Saturday, May 28, 2016

OTA help / root / TWRP

Any wizards out there know if I use TWRP in read-only mode to root/flash supersu if I'll be able to take OTA's? Root is systemless and in read-only mode TWRP won't stick after reboot, so with no modification to /system, I should be able to take an OTA upgrade right? And if I read-only TWRP it won't stay after reboot but will root stay without custom recovery installed? I know after an OTA I'd have to do the re-root process, I just want to make sure I'll have root and be able to take OTA. Frame of reference I will be doing this on a Blu Life One X 2016 (on lollipop 5.1) and I'm waiting (like everyone else) for the MM update, but it's unclear when that will be released.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1NUwWpV
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment