Sunday, May 1, 2016

Just picked up this device, any tips?

So I've been out of the Android Phone loop for a while and was just wondering if there were any general tips or things to know about the Z3C? Any essential apps or features?
I've not updated to Marshmallow yet (running 5.1.1) and I don't really feel the need to, If I'm not mistaken it makes the root process a bit more fiddly, though the non-removable notification is somewhat annoying. Can it be turned off?
Quick question on root too, which I assume can only be achieved through unlocking the bootloader. Will it void my warranty with Sony? Given the issues with cracked screens and phones not really being waterproof, I'm not sure if it's actually worth doing.
I've got the Phone through Vodafone, is there anyway to remove the SIM lock myself?

I've been through the Stickies and whilst they contain useful information that'll surely come in handy later, the FAQ section is pretty limited, so I figured I'd ask here

Thanks in advance :)


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/24gesrf
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment