Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Major troubles since Marshmallow update

After months of waiting, finally update is rolled out in Nordic countries. IN this case, Sweden specifically.
I was so glad and excited, but few days after, only disappointment has left....

I have two Galaxy S6 Edge phones. One is mine and one from my fiancée. Both old 4 months, in perfect condition without signs of use. Both worked FLAWLESSLY on Android 5.1.1, and Android 6.0.1 ruined everything.
Two identical phones, only appearance differs, two different issues.

On my phone battery life is decreased by 80%, I cannot get a six hours with moderate usage, while I was getting 12 and more hours on Android 5.1.1. with same usage pattern. Last days, often I find it completely dead (within 6 hours since last charge), without enough juice to even flash!
What have I tried:
- Wipe cache
- Removed majority of apps

Nothing worked.

My fiancées phone have no issues with massive battery drain, but something even more annoying: If screen is left off for longer than 10 seconds, wakeup of phone is extremely slow:
- On first button press only touch keys flash for a moment. On second it MIGHT turn on with delay of aprox. 10 seconds while brightness is SLOWLY increasing. After wakeup, device is slow, until unlocked. After unlock, it work almost flawlessly except phone calls - Dialer is extremely slow, stops responding during the call, impossible to hangup the call. Before she is able to accept the call (nothing appears) there is delay of aprox. 5-15 seconds. Sometimes she even can't accept call at all!
What have I tried:
- Wipe cache
- Soft reset x3
- Hard reset x3
- Disable all animations in Developer menu.
- Thousands of reboots

Nothing worked.


From two perfect phones, we now have two average barely usable phones.
Any help? :crying:
Is it possible to downgrade(with Odin??) to Android 5.1.1 latest, without tripping Knox? Where I could find latest Android 5.1.1 Nordic?
Or even better - is it possible to fix any of those issues? Android 6.0.1 is great in almost all other ways.


Regards


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1TJzFBA
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment