Sunday, May 22, 2016

Soft-bricked my Evo 3D and then some...:(

I have an HTC Evo 3d Sprint (SHOOTER XC ENG), S-OFF RL, HBOOT-1.04.2000 (PG8610000), eMMC-boot, RADIO-11.25.3504.06_M

Anyway, here's what I did:

I wanted to necromancy the phone back to life. Years ago, it was my primary phone, and was rooted with MeanRom and a custom kernel from -that guy-.

First thing I did was, from 4ext Recovery, a full wipe of everything like 6 times. Then I installed ViperROM. Everything was great, except that the reason I was trying this was to test the phone out with FreedomPop, meaning I'd have to do a carrier release (##72786#), and ViperROM wasn't letting me do that. So, off with ViperROM...I went back into 4ext and wiped everything again. Tried Revolution HD, and it wouldn't load past the "quietly brilliant" screen. Decided to ditch that plan and go back to "stock".

So, I downloaded the Yoda's "stock ICS" ROM, and figured I'd update my radios while I was at it. Radio update with PM86IMG.zip worked fine, then went to install the ROM.

Not only does it not boot past the HTC screen (doesn't even get to the "quietly brilliant" screen), but now 4ext is gone!

So, I need a new recovery. I've tried to flash TWRP using the update.zip method: I downloaded twrp-3.0.2-0-shooter.img from their website, renamed it "recovery.img", put it in a .zip file (uncompressed) named PG86IMG.zip, put it into the root of my sdcard, then booted into HBOOT.

It runs the auto-loading, finds the file, then suddenly goes back to bootloader. There's a millisecond there where it looks like there's an error message (after it says "parsing PG86IMG.zip"), but before I can read it, I'm back in HBOOT.

RUU doesn't recognize the device, nor does adb, nor does just my bare computer.

Any help?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/27Pz2y0
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment